Since our establishment in 2016, Health Justice Australia has been working with health justice partnerships to improve the health and justice outcomes of the people and communities they support.
We have done this by:
- Developing a one-stop resource on HJPs in Australia, mapping who is running them around the country.
- Building a national network of HJP practitioners to encourage peer learning and development, so that the lessons of this emerging way of practice can be shared.
- Establishing a multidisciplinary research collaboration across legal, health and other relevant areas, to inform a national evaluation framework and other ground-breaking research.
- Creating a clearinghouse of new and existing resources to support practitioners working in HJPs.
- Facilitating the establishment of new HJPs.
- Advocating to policy-makers, practitioners and researchers the opportunities HJPs present for supporting diverse communities with a range of needs.